If you are currently planning a vintage wedding, or looking for wedding inspiration we suspect you will be quite familiar with handmade and vintage marketplace Etsy. Selling products from around the world it is a wonderful collection of bespoke items you just won’t find anywhere else, the hardest part is making a choice! Todays Etsy selection is five table numbers to make sure your guest find their table with style.
If you choose to have a traditional paper table number that slots into a tall stand, the sky is the limit for the type of design you can have. There are versions to suit every wedding theme from funky to pretty, vintage to modern. There are many sellers on Etsy who will design you something unique, plus matching menus, name cards, invitations and thank you cards. We love this elegant embossed gold version with personalised love quotes.
Go for a chunky freestanding version with these hand made vintage look table numbers, decorated with lace and paper print and a touch of glitter – perfect to finish your vintage themed wedding tables. These can be ordered to match your wedding colour scheme.
Blackboard designs always looks good. Go ‘Do it Yourself’ with 12 instant printable downloads of a chalkboard design wedding table numbers. These little cards can be placed on each table at your reception and can be resized to your requirements. Order and the file will be sent straight to your PC – just print on the paper or card of your choice or take to the file to a professional printing shop.
We love these laser cut and engraved wooden table numbers in vintage ringmaster font. The white washed rustic finish would look great at any vintage styled wedding and they are freestanding so can be places wherever on the table you need them.
For something a bit different this personalised table number candle will burn for approx 40 hours and can be used as a keep sake afterwards with a freestanding candle. Personalise the candle with your table numbers, guest names, candle label colour and scent. Buy individually or as part of a full centrepiece set.
Our 5 Etsy buying tips –
- Be clever with your search options. Use specific colour and shape descriptions as keywords. So instead of just searching for ‘pink dress’, search for cerise dress, fuchsia dress, pastel dress, blush dress, coral dress etc. Search every day as people list all the time and you don’t want to miss out on the perfect item because you didn’t find it in time.
- Consider the location of your seller. You can buy globally on Etsy but factor in timescales, postage costs, customs charges and language differences.
- Use Paypal. This will protect both you and the seller and provide you with extra protection in case of a problem.
- Request samples. This one is particularly key if you’re thinking about co-ordinating lots of different products together, as colours can vary widely and photographs aren’t always accurate. Most sellers should be open to sending you small samples, especially if you’re willing to pay postage or a small fee.
- Read the feedback and askabout the return policy. Check out what other shoppers have said as comments and reviews are a great sources of information. When you’re buying products sight unseen, there should always be an easy return or exchange option. Check out the seller’s return policy, and if it’s not on the site, feel free to ask about it.
Are you going to be a vintage bride soon? Come visit one of our upcoming vintage wedding fairs in Cambridge on 14th September, Harrogate on 21st September, or in Stoke Newington, London on 12th October or Chiswick, London on 9th November and find everything you need for your big day. For more details check the website – http://www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk.
Written by Sarah Gorlov.